Welcome!

Welcome to my blog for English 1080! My name is Andrew, feel free to read and comment. I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Week 8: Open Letter






Dear Mother Nature,



     Let me begin by thanking you for the wonderful job you've been doing. Things seem pretty harmonized, job well done. However, there is one issue we need to discuss: "Spring". Don't get me wrong I get the whole rebirth idea, new life, and whatnot. But, I mean please, give us something to do or enjoy other than months of rain. Summer is a beautiful warm season for swimming, adventuring, and countless outdoor activities. Fall is known for its beauty, with the many extraordinary colours. It is also hunting season. With Winter we get snow and ice, perfect for skating, snowboarding, snowshoeing and many winter activities. But what about Spring? What have we to do during this sometimes depressing rain-filled season? The snow is gone, ski hills shut down, it is too cold to do anything enjoyable outside. Frankly, I don't like it, and I want it changed. My proposal goes as follows: two extra months of winter and lots of snow, followed by a week or two of gradual warming (for snow melt) which will lead into the 20 degree sun of early Summer. If you could do this, I would be very appreciative. Thank you in advance for your consideration.



Sincerely,

Andrew R. King

1 comment: