Welcome!

Welcome to my blog for English 1080! My name is Andrew, feel free to read and comment. I hope you enjoy!

Monday 15 September 2014

Week 3: Images

     For this blog post, I am tasked with providing two images that mean something to me, and explaining them. I have decided to stick with a nature/outdoors oriented theme. I hope you enjoy...

Motorbike Madness
      What we have in this first image is me flying a ramp on a dirt bike at a sandpit near Terra Nova village in central Newfoundland. As I mentioned in my introductory post, most of the sports I enjoy take place outdoors and dirt biking is definitely high up on my list of favourite things to do. After having sold my own bike for a lean-over street bike last summer, I was super excited when my cousin gave me the opportunity to try out his new dirt bike this summer past. We were at his cabin for the weekend. One blistering 25+ degree Saturday morning, he and I geared up for the ride to the pit. We spent the day taking turns trying our hands at various sized ramps and jumps before heading back to the pond to cool off. The reason I chose this picture is because it was one of the most enjoyable days I had all summer long. 
Serenity in Nature
     Secondly, this is a picture I took while on a canoe trip with my uncle. We were canoeing down a section of the Terra Nova River which is prime for fishing. During the expedition we took a side stream up the river about 500 meters. This was one of the most peaceful days I have had in a long time, hence a suiting image to todays theme. We saw many trails used by animals to access the river, as well as a few retired beaver dams. I wanted to share this picture because of the beauty of the water contrasting with the green vegetation on a still summers day. I do not think Shakespeare himself had witnessed a day as marvellous as this when writing "Shall I Compare thee to A Summer's Day". 


(If you like the pictures in this post more like it are just a click away!)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, your pictures are pretty good archer, what kind of bike is pictured above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a 2008 Honda CRF 250X. Basically a trail bike adopted from the higher quality motocross platform. Here are its specifications you want them.

      http://motorcycle.honda.ca/competition/crf250x

      Delete
  2. Hi Andrew! The pictures you've posted are really both really cool! Dirt biking looks fun, although I've never been. I also like the nature theme, as it matches the background image of your blog. I really enjoyed your allusion to Shakespeare's "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day". Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura! Glad you like the pictures, I occasionally remember to take a few snaps (though I'm more a "live in the moment" person). Dirt biking is super fun! Selling mine for a street bike is one of the worst mistakes I've made. Should of got both... Thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say, means a lot!

      Delete