Welcome!

Welcome to my blog for English 1080! My name is Andrew, feel free to read and comment. I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Introduction

Hello all, and welcome to my English 1080 weekly blog. My name is Andrew and I will be blogging under the alias "Archer". To begin, I would like to introduce you all to myself. I am more than just the words that appear in this blog. First and foremost I am an adult male student attending Memorial University. My intended program of study at this time is Biochemistry. I feel this subject is something I will come to love and thoroughly enjoy my classes of this field. After I am finished my degree I would like to (hopefully) go to Med School and become a doctor of some sort. In a sense this post-being the first academic work I have completed in university-is my first small step towards this goal in my future.

Moving on from my somewhat boring life and ambitions as a student, outside of school I like to think of myself as a diverse, vibrant, and interesting individual. However, looking abstractly I can be broken down into two main subjects: music and nature. All of my interests, hobbies, recreational activities, etc. revolve around these two topics. I have played guitar for 14 years, and trumpet for 8. When it comes to music I love it all. There is no genre or topic that I do not find completely uninteresting. My all-time favourite band would have to be either the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, or The Cat Empire. Beyond this basic information, the musically inclined side of me is too varied and deep to even scratch the surface-for further inquiries try contacting me in person!

Finally, my passion for nature is something I have carried with me for a long time. Arguably since my first years on this planet. My family have countless stories of me as a young child fishing, or helping in the annual hunt with my latest toy rifle. Looking back it is clear where my passion for the outdoors originates. Pretty much every sport I play is outdoors, ranging from snowboarding in the winter, to salmon angling in the summer.  As with music, I love pretty much all things nature, I will save you the boredom of my rambling.

Other than previously mentioned, I try my best to be an easy-going person who takes a light-hearted stance on things. Why be too serious or concerned about something that I need not be? I find it easy to see multiple political views, and find myself ever-attempting to come up with my own conclusive opinion. I am a knowledgable person, and very fun. I hope you enjoy what is to come in my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment